Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A story of Courage

The light was slowly melting into shadow. The huge capital tower was black and grey. I starred up at it, wary. Lilly was in there; probably going through test after test... My teeth clenched in anger as I readjusted my blaster. It hung on my black belt, next to my throwing knives.

     "Dez," I said grabbing my buddies arm. He stopped and looked at me, one hand on the door of his truck.
 
     "Yeah?" He asked, his black hair making him blend into the night.

     "If I don't make it out," He started to speak but I cut him off, "No, listen. If for some reason I don't make it out, you take care of Lilly, okay? Get her out of there and keep her safe."

     Though he did it reluctantly, he nodded. I sighed in relief, letting go of his arm.

     "Okay; lets do this."
   
Ten of us were in the back of the vans, covered by boxes. We were sneaking into the capital as the vans rolled slowly up to the gate. Ten guards began searching the vans. as they reached towards the boxes, my men reached out and yanked them down as they let out a cry of surprise.

     They didnt have the chance to yell again.

     They were quickly stripped of their armor and we quickly dressed, as we drove into the building.

     This was my chance to save Lilly; I had to be fearless.

2 comments:

  1. Is this an excerpt from your book or is this something new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. something new. Just something short(:

      Kisses!

      A xx

      Delete